Fly Agaric

This is a little Fly Agaric toadstool/mushroom that I made for my dear Mother 🙂 It stands just over an inch tall by around an inch wide which I think is the perfect size for this little beauty 🙂

I don’t usually use paint on polymer clay as it comes in just about every colour you could possibly want, but I really like the texture of the brush strokes down the stalk and on the spots. Plus when I fired it I left it in the oven for a couple of minutes too long, and some of the clay was burnt! :O Whoopsy! The paint covered all sins though and I actually prefer the painted effect to the original – so all in all I’m quite pleased 😀

I put the mushroom on a keyring so it’s sealed with Sculpey Satin glaze diluted with a little water, to prevent the paint from wearing away with use.

She loves it, I hope you do too 😀


Critters and a Cookie

A couple of little things I made for my friends as christmas gifts. I’m not really into the whole commercialisation thing that surrounds the season and prefer to make things for most people 🙂

Here we have;

  • A little lilac ‘sextapus’ (so called because she has six tentacles. Nothing to do with whatever childish thoughts you may have had, naughty :p )
  • A cheeky red ‘pentapus’ (she has five tentacles to represent the anarchy symbol for an rather anarchic friend!)
  • A delicious looking chocolate chip cookie for a supremely talented baker I’m lucky enough to be friends with (nom!)
  • and finally a sperm whale for  a devotee of The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy 😀

I plan to make some more cookies very soon. This was the first one I’d made and I was really pleased with the result. When I do make more I’ll take some pictures of the process to share with you.


I made this carrot bracelet a few years ago now and I still love it- in fact it was one of the first poly clay projects of my adult life! Each individual carrot was hand sculpted and strung onto orange elastic.


First I fashioned lots of tiny orange carrot shapes and rolled a few very thin snakes of green of clay. I then sliced the snakes into tiny little ‘leaves’ and pushed these into the top of the ‘carrots’ using a needle tool. Don’t be fooled by the simplicity – this took what felt like an eternity!

I then textured the ‘carrots’ using my cutting blade, but anything thin and straight would do, in little horizontal lines all over the body of the ‘carrot’. Sort of like this, if you can understand my ridiculous MS Paint based doodlings;

I then pushed a needle through the centre of each carrot (taking great care not to destroy or distort my little pieces of carroty goodness) and set them up on my bead rack to bake.

I’m really pleased with how they turned out and would love to hear your ideas and thoughts 😀